75cl water bottle with unique 3-in-1 filter technology that eliminates up to 99.9999% of all Bacteria, Viruses, Chlorine, Fluoride and Heavy Metals leaving you with safe, healthy water.
- Filter lasts for 200 Litres
- Replaces 400 single-use plastic water bottles
- BPA-free and FDA Approved
- Weighs just 138 grams
- Filter 100% recyclable
Our unique 3-in-1 filter has been created based on technology originally developed for the NASA space programme.
The filter works instantly to protect against bacteria, parasites, microplastics and also reduces chemicals like chlorine and improves water taste.
The three technologies used in a Water-to-Go filter are:
- Mechanical filtration; a very small pore size which stops contaminants passing through.
- Electrical (by a positive charge) which reduces the pore size even further and attracts the contaminants like a magnet, trapping them inside the filter.
- Activated carbon -our filters use activated carbon without using adhesives that would vastly reduce the carbon’s efficiency. Instead the activated carbon is contained within the filter membrane itself. This technique helps further reduce the contaminants whilst also eliminating bad tastes and odours.
The filter is ideal for hiking, camping, international travel and emergencies, it allows you to take any non-salt water from a stream, river, or tap and filter it instantly. Once the filter is activated and your bottle is full you are ready to drink, no need to remove the lid and filter until your ready to fill your bottle again.
The filter removes:
- 99.9999% for bacteria like E.Coli
- 99.999-99.9999% for viruses like Polio
- 99.99% for micro organisms
- Heavy Metals such as lead as well as Chlorine and Fluoride are also filtered
Water to Go
Before Water-to-Go, Dave Shanks and co-founder Cheryl Farrell, headed a textiles company that manufactured and distributed clothing brands across the World. Dave made frequent trips to India, Indonesia and China and was aghast to see ever-growing mountains of plastic waste whenever he visited an industrial area. A large contributor to the problem was discarded single-use water bottles.
Work began on advancing a technology that was originally developed for NASA. From this, the Water-to-Go ‘3-in-1 nanotechnology Filters’ were born! Combining three different technologies, the results were perfect for all outdoor pursuits and travel as all microbiological contaminants are filtered with up to 99.9999% efficiency (see testing).
Realising that here was a technology that could provide clean healthy water almost anywhere and which could also reduce the environmental damage being done was the motivation to establish the Water-to-Go brand and business. The challenge was, and still is, to create an organization that could positively communicate the benefits to the global marketplace with limited resources.
After investing a large amount of his own money, Dave brought on board a number of individual investors to help develop and grow the business. Many of them offered specialist business skills and experience as well as investment. In 2014, a further tranche of investment was raised by crowdfunding through Crowdcube bringing more financial and a wider skill base into the business.
At the end of 2014, the company launched a new product line the 50cl GO! Bottle aimed at everyday use such as commuters, gym users, sports people and anyone concerned about their health. The aim is to convince consumers to use this product instead of buying expensive bottled water, and thereby reduce the damage to the environment created by single-use plastic bottles. Further new products are planned for the future.
The company has continued to grow year on year and in a very short time, has not only added distributors and retailers across the World, but also fostered partnerships with a large number of campaigning charities, some of the more recent ones ranging from Malaria No More UK to the African Wildlife Foundation