CARE PLUS INSECT REPELLENT, 50% DEET SPRAY (60ML)
Care Plus Anti Insect 50% DEET Spray is recommended for European and / or Tropical destinations (DEET is one of only two insect repellents recommended by the World Health Organisation for travel to tropical and sub-tropical areas). The spray formulation of this repellent allows the user quick and easy application. Care Plus DEET 50% Spray provides up to 10 hours of repellency.
Care Plus advise that it is extremely important to carry and use an insect repellent in high-risk areas. No anti-malarial (or other prophylactic) drug can be 100% effective, and in any case, they will not protect you against the pain and irritation of mosquito bites. The safest option is to use insect repellent and a mosquito net in addition to any anti-malarial drug – if you are able to reduce the amount you are bitten you further reduce the chance of any possible infection.
- Powerful DEET-based insect repellent
- Offers up to ten hours of protection against house mosquitoes (Culex species) and mosquitoes that can cause malaria (Anopheles species)
- Offers up to nine hours of protection against mosquitoes that can cause yellow fever (Aedes species)
- Offers up to five hours of protection against ticks that can cause Lyme disease and tick-borne encephalitis (Ixodes species)
- Suitable for all destinations
- Contains the bitter, odourless substance Bitrex® to reduce the likelihood of swallowing
- Does not contain perfume
Dimensions : 40 x 40 x 121mm
Contents : 60ml
Care Plus DEET is available in strengths from 30% to 50%. The strength of the repellent effects only the length of time you are protected (active duration), it has NO effect on the level or degree of protection. Therefore, Care Plus do not recommend the use of 100% DEET as it offers no greater protection, nor any longer duration protection, compared to 50% DEET. The stronger concentration may, however, cause problems for those with sensitive skin.