It’s all about Stormsure Flexible Repair Adhesive
How to Repair using Polyurethane Adhesive
Stormsure Flexible Repair Adhesive is a polyurethane based adhesive and can be used in situations that demand extremely high durability, strength and flexibility. The degree of elasticity offered allows for use for both static as well as for more flexible bonding and sealing purposes. These adhesive types are formulated from polymers and solvents.
- Stormsure can be used as either an adhesive to join two surfaces together, or as a surface sealant when spread over just one surface.
- Bonds to virtually all surfaces. It allows bonding wood, concrete, stone, metals, laminate, plastics, glass, PU, and most flexible natural and man made fabrics on themselves or in combination. It can also be used to glue models, flexible fabrics, inflatable items, waterproof items, brickwork, joinery and a huge range of other things too.
- Stormsure is a liquid polyurethane-based (PU) adhesive that has been specifically developed to provide strong and reliable bonding to a wide range of materials
- Stormsure is a one-part polyurethane adhesive that reacts with moisture to polymerize and cure which provides very strong and waterproof bonding. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor use.
- The glue is transparent so it won’t normally discolour the objects you need to join.
- Always check for compatibility on fabrics in an inconsipcuous area before making a major repair.It is used for repairs and construction where a very high connection strength is required. It can be used indoors and outdoors and will last for a long time under water too.
- Complete curing time: 24 hours. Resistent to temperatures from -30°C to +80°C.
- How to use: Surfaces to be bonded must be clean and free of dirt (dust, grease, etc.). Apply glue to one of the surfaces to be bonded. Assemble immediately. Press strongly and immobilize for at least 10-12 hours.
- TIPS: Store partly-used tubes in a deep freezer. Warm up to room temperature before re-use.
In the case of Stormsure adhesive – the liquid glue will start to cure when it is exposed to even the smallest amount of water vapour in the air. This initiates a chemical chain reaction which will continue until all the glue has cured. The glue should be used at room temperature (15°C– 25°C for best results). Do not use below 5°C. If the glue is too cold the it may appear white and waxy. – Just warm it up until it is a liquid again and it will work fine.
This adhesive is a single component moisture curing product. It has 70% solids content and will only shrink slightly as it cures but this helps to create a very strong and tight bond on most surfaces. It can be used to fill gaps and holes.
What is it used for?
Stormsure adhesive is incredibly versatile, making it a good choice for those needing an all-purpose adhesive that is flexible and durable. Stormsure can be used to bond leather, tile, rubber, PVC, wood, concrete, stone, metals, laminate, most plastics glass and PU on themselves or in combination. It can also be used to glue models, joinery, door sills, stairs, skirting boards, window sills.
It also offers complete water resistance and allows sanding and painting when it has dried completely. Polyurethane glue can also fill and even out inconsistencies in the surface you use it on. Characteristics like these, and numerous others, make this type of adhesive an essential tool that is well suited for a wide range of bonding applications.
- Stormsure Flexible Repair Adhesive is a liquid clear polyurethane-based (PU) adhesive that has been specifically developed to provide strong and reliable bonding to a wide range of materials.
- Stormsure Flexible Repair Adhesive is a one-part polyurethane adhesive that reacts with moisture to polymerize and cure which provides very strong, flexible and waterproof bonding.
- The glue is black. It is also available in White, Khaki and Clear. It is used for repairs and constructions where a very high connection strength is required and can be used indoors, outdoors and gor repairs that will be under water..
- This glue increases its volume when curing allowing it to fill irregularities. It is resistant to humidity (Class D4), shock and vibrations and temperature variations.
How To Use Stormsure
Surfaces to be bonded must be clean and free of dirt (dust, mud, grease, etc.). You can use an alcohol wipe to clean the surfaces, if not, then just soap and water will do. Be sure the surfaces are dry before application. Apply the glue to one of the surfaces to be bonded. To ensure the best result, at least one of the surfaces must be porous or permeable. Thus, it is recommended to sand/roughen smooth surfaces. Assemble immediately. Press strongly and immobilize for at least 10-12 hours.
Despite the marginally higher cost of polyurethane adhesives, they do offer plenty of worthwhile benefits. They are well suited for use with a variety of different materials, and their strong adhesion allows single-sided application. Polyurethane adhesives are easy to work with. Polyurethane adhesives are also highly resistant to the elements and can endure heavy contact and impact.